Come work with us!
Who are we?
We have developed the world’s first personal digestive tracker, AIRE. Since we graduated from HAX (the world's first and most prolific hardware accelerator) in 2016, AIRE has gained international attention for its potential to improve quality of life for the many people who suffer from digestive issues. We’ve been extremely fortunate to have gained the support of thousands of pre-order backers from all around the world already. Every person on our small team has a significant role to play in our success, which means there’s real potential for our employees to grow as FoodMarble grows.
What is the opportunity?
Now is an exciting time at FoodMarble HQ as we have started shipping the AIRE device to our initial pre-order backers. It has taken us just over two years to get here and now we are ready to begin building new consumer wellness and medical products.
We are now looking for someone with electronic/embedded systems engineering experience to take on a key and varied role as part of the growing FoodMarble engineering team. This team is striving to develop the most innovative consumer and clinical hardware products to assist people in understanding their digestive system.
- Work closely with the CTO, along with the Customer Experience (CX), Software Development, and Management Teams to develop a holistic approach to new product design and testing (e.g. assist the CX team to debug technical issues, report technical data and progress to Management team)
- Lead circuit (schematic and layout) design and testing at all stages from component evaluation to prototyping, all the way to mass production versions
- Influence the strategic direction of FoodMarble's new product development and design by developing in-depth knowledge of our current product, managing firmware engineering, working with mechanical engineering team to ensure compatibility across all elements of product design, and incorporating latest hardware trends
- Be disciplined in testing and analysing results at all stages of the product life-cycle
- Optimise the electronics bill of materials and manage component obsolescence
- Liaise with manufacturing partners and visit them in Asia when necessary, particularly during the set up of new product lines, and during manufacturing runs
- Help build out FoodMarble's Intellectual Property portfolio
- Potential to coach and manage the Engineering Team as it grows
What do we need from you?
- Degree in electronic engineering or similar technical field, with 4+ years post-qualification experience including strong design, troubleshooting and project management experience
- Ability to communicate technical data/information in a clear, concise manner (written or verbal), through English
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, including data analysis and statistical methods
- Well-developed circuit design skills and experience in using circuit design software (e.g. Autodesk EAGLE, Altium Designer), coupled with excellent circuit testing/debugging skills
- Experience with embedded processors (e.g. ARM) and embedded systems software
- A fast learning, self-motivated team player
- Willing to travel to manufacturing partners when required (maximum 10-20% of time)
The bonus attributes:
- Design experience: medical devices, breathalyser / gas sensing circuits
- Technology experience: sensors, wireless (preferably BLE)
- Quality control: working with quality control teams to resolve issues at both design and production stages, QMS experience
- Product / manufacturing process development: experience performing DFMEA & PFMEA
- Experience with programming (particularly using low-level languages for firmware programming, but higher-level languages useful too) and databases (SQL is a plus)
- BOM analysis and costing down
- Experience of working in FDA regulated industries e.g. the medical devices industry
- Research skills
What we can offer you
As a start-up, every employee we hire means a lot to us so we have put together a range of awesome benefits befitting awesome people!
- Competitive salary in the range €40-€50k (depending on experience) + share options
- 25 days annual leave, flexible to take time off when you need
- Small company with high growth potential for employees
- Opportunities to travel internationally to visit suppliers and partners
- Professional development with accredited training tailored to your own development needs
- Excellent location with modern, top-spec office and infrastructure
- To help you get to work we offer the TaxSaver Commuter Scheme for public transport users. If you prefer to cycle we have that covered too with the Cycle to Work Scheme
- We realise that even with top-spec offices and rewarding work, there are times we need to all get out and leave it all behind so we have a Social Committee to organise events throughout the year
- Volunteer days – every year there will be a volunteer event to help us give something back in partnership with a local charity
- Finally, and most importantly for a digestive health company, there is a fridge stocked with an endless supply of homemade Kefir and Irish-made Kombucha to help keep your digestive health top notch!
How to apply
This is a unique opportunity to get in at the start of a company’s growth so if you’re interested in becoming part of the story please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org ("ELEC ENG" in the subject line) with a CV, and a covering message explaining why you believe you are suited to this role.
If you have anything else that you think might help us in our evaluation, be sure to send it along (e.g. links to products you have worked on, design files).
No agencies, please.